Do you have bananas going bad? This healthy muffin recipe is how I use mine up! (or you can freeze the bananas to make ice cream 🍨🍌)
These are so simple to make and a fun project for the kiddos!
Nonstick cooking spray optional
1 cup reduced fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
3 Tbsp. raw honey
2 large very ripe bananas cut into chunks
2 large eggs
½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
⅔ cup chopped raw walnuts
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Prepare 12 muffin cups by lining with muffin papers or lightly coating with spray.
Place yogurt, honey, bananas, eggs, extract, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in blender (or food processor); cover. Blend until smooth, scraping once or twice, as needed.
Gently fold in blueberries and walnuts.
Evenly divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until tester
Peach Bread Pudding with Maple “whipped cream”
Enjoy this bread pudding for breakfast! Yes! You heard me right…. this makes a perfect breakfast option that is fueled with fiber and protein and part of my mindset nutrition program. Make sure to tag me on social when you make it! @alesharose
(MAKES 4 SERVINGS)
TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN. + 30 MIN. (OR UP TO OVERNIGHT)
PREP TIME: 5 MIN.
COOKING TIME: 45 MIN.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 2 egg whites (approx. ¼ cup)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, cubed
- 2 medium peaches, chopped
- 1 tsp. liquid monk fruit sweetener (or equivalent; optional)
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup reduced-fat (0 or 2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
1. Lightly coat 8 x 8-inch baking dish with spray; set aside.
2. Add eggs, egg whites, almond milk, and extract to a large mixing bowl; whisk to combine. Add bread, peaches, sweetener (if desired), cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix to combine. Pour bread pudding mixture into prepared baking dish. Let sit for at least 30 minutes for bread to absorb liquid, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until no liquid is visible on the surface.
4. While bread pudding bakes, add yogurt and maple syrup to a small mixing bowl; stir to combine.
5. Cut bread pudding into four equal pieces; top evenly with yogurt mixture. Serve immediately