GRILLED CHICKEN BRUSCHETTA
This one is so easy to make! And you can just use the topping on salads or eat by itself! Made with juicy tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, red onion, garlic and balsamic, you’ll turn boring grilled chicken into a delicious weeknight meal in minutes! I used chicken tenders because it was all I had at the time but the recipe calls for cutlets.
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced (omit for whole30, paleo)
- 1.25 lbs (8 thin sliced) chicken cutlets
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight.
- Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high, clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking.
- Grill the chicken 2 minutes on each side, set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 cutlets
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 6
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 237
- Total Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 183mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 32g