FIXATE RECIPE WEEK: DILL CUCUMBER SALAD
Sometimes the hardest part of healthy living is coming up with new recipes. But with FIXATE, a new cooking show exclusively on Beachbody on Demand, Autumn Calabrese and her brother, international chef Bobby Calabrese, show you exactly how to create tempting and delicious meals that can still help you lose weight. We are going to be featuring some of the delicious new recipes along with a grocery list for each all week!
All the fresh flavors of late summer come together for a picnic in this savory and refreshing make-ahead salad…The Cucumber Dill Salad.
CUCUMBER DILL SALAD
serves 4 PREP TIME: 10 minutes
1 Green Container
2 tsp. ground coriander
½ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. raw honey (preferably acacia honey)
3 cups thinly sliced English hothouse cucumber (approx. 1 medium cucumber)
½ cup thinly sliced red onion (approx. ½ medium onion)
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
1. Combine coriander, pepper, salt, vinegar, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk until incorporated.
2. Add cucumber, onion, and dill; toss to blend.
3. Refrigerate salad, covered, at least 1 hour and enjoy!
TIP: Eat this salad immediately after refrigerating for an hour to prevent the salad from wilting and getting too watery
1 English hothouse cucumber, medium
1 bunch dill, fresh
1 red onion, medium
1 bottle apple cider vinegar
1 jar black pepper, ground
1 jar coriander, ground
1 jar honey, raw
1 jar sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
EGG WEEK: Tex-Mex Scrambled Eggs
This version of the traditional Tex-Mex breakfast scramble with crunchy tortilla strips, onions, tomatoes, and peppers has only 229 calories per serving, and the servings are hearty. Perfect for brunch!
Total Time: 29 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 19 min.
Yield: 2 servings
2 large eggs
4 large egg whites
1½ tsp. olive oil
2 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
¼ medium onion,chopped
¼ medium bell pepper, chopped
¼ medium tomato, chopped
½ oz. shredded cheddar cheese (2 Tbsp.)
1. Combine eggs and egg whites in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add tortillas; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp. Remove tortillas from pan.
4. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
5. Add tomato; cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until eggs are almost set.
7. Add tortillas and cheese; cook, for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe Adapted from Beachbody.com